This competition will provide an opportunity to record a week in the life of Lismore from a ‘Heritage’ perspective. Heritage is defined as:
“features belonging to the culture of a particular society, such as traditions, languages or buildings, which still exist from the past and which have a historical importance” (Cambridge Dictionary)
“National heritage is defined as monuments, archaeological objects, heritage objects, architectural heritage, flora, fauna, wildlife habitats, landscapes, seascapes, wrecks, geology, heritage gardens and parks and inland waterways” (Heritage Council of Ireland).
Considering these broad parameters, take a photograph during Heritage Week to capture a Heritage Moment in Time for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. The competition is open to anybody who is in Lismore between the 20th-28th August, locals and tourists alike.
Photographs will be judged to a shortlist by an independent panel of local people. The shortlisted pictures will be put on the Heritage Centre Facebook page and the winner decided by public vote. The shortlisted pictures will be the photographs that in the opinion of the judges demonstrate the greatest flair, technique and originality in portraying the heritage of Lismore.
Winners will be announced in September to coincide with Community Service Day at the Heritage Centre. First prize sponsored by Mari Mina Pharmacy, Lismore.
All shortlisted submissions will be displayed in the Heritage Centre and posted on the new Heritage Centre website (www.discoverlismore.com) for viewing.
• Photographs must be taken in and around Lismore during Heritage Week
• Entries must be digital files
• Entries to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Images must be submitted as jpegs, saved at high quality setting
• No limit to number of entries submitted
Please include the following information:
• Name, address and telephone number
• Age (if under 18)
• Location of the image taken
Rules and Guidelines
• Where photographs contain the images of people, it is the responsibility of the candidate to inform the individuals concerned that he/ she shall submit the photograph to the Heritage Centre Competition and to have obtained the consent of the individual in question.
• Candidates will retain copyright in their submitted entries. However by entering the competition, the candidate grants rights to Lismore Heritage Centre a royalty free license to publish and use the entry in all media for publicity purposes.
• All entries must be submitted by 9th September